- Chairperson, Doctoral (Ph. D.) Programme in Management, IIM Ahmedabad – from March 2018.
- RBI Chair Professor in Finance and Economics, IIM Ahmedabad – from April 2016.
- Chairperson, Economics Area, IIM Ahmedabad – from April 2016 to March 2018.
- Professor, IIM Ahmedabad – from August 2015.
- Recipient of Prof. C. R. Rao National Award in Statistics for Young Statisticians for 2012-13 in recognition of his outstanding contribution in the field of Statistics.
- Recipient of the Prof. P. C. Mahalanobis Medal for 2008 instituted by the Indian Econometric Society for his outstanding contribution in Quantitative Economics.
- Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers (CAIIB), 2006.
- CSIR-UGC NET Lecturer Fellowship, 1992.
For more details, Please visit IIMA website-
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics, Cambridge, US.
Ph.D. (Population Studies), International Institute for Population Sciences, Bombay.
M. Sc. (Population Studies), International Institute for Population Sciences, Bombay, (Gold Medalist).
M. Sc. (Statistics), Calcutta University (Gold Medalist).
B. Sc. (Honours in Statistics, with Mathematics and Physics), Calcutta University.
- Member of the Selection Committee of Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), from April 2018.
- Member of the Governing Council of Centre for Advanced Financial Research and Learning (CAFRAL), 2019
- Worked in various capacities in the Department of Statistics and Information Management (Research Department) of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for over two decades. Before Joining the IIMA, he was holding the post of Director (General Manager) at the RBI.
- Member of the Indian Econometric Society.
- Associate Editor, The Data Envelopment Analysis Journal.
- Member, Editorial Committee, Reserve Bank of India Working Paper Series, 2014-15.
- Member, Editorial Committee, Reserve Bank of India Occasional Papers, 2010-12.