The School’s academic and research framework on aspects of environment and sustainability centres on mitigation, adaptation and related preventive management strategies. Multilateral environmental agreements and industry – led – stewardship are two major strands.
- Alumnus, International Visitors Leadership Program, Department of State, United States of America.
- Fellow Indian Geophysical Union
Fellow Andhra Pradesh Akademi of Sciences
- Fellow National Academy of Environmental Sciences.
- Assistant Professor (Marketing), NTPC School of Business
- Sr. Consultant Montreal Protocol & Climate Change, EESL New Delhi working out of the Ozone Cell of the MoEFCC, Government of India (January 2018 to July 2018)
- Director, Vigyan Prasar (October 2012 to October 2017) An Autonomous Organization under the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India).
- Principal Research Scientist (Scientist SH): Environment & Climate Change Wing &
- Director In Charge – Gujarat Energy Research & Management Institute (GERMI) Research, Innovation & Incubation Centre (GRIIC), Gandhinagar.
- Gujarat, India. September 2009 – October 2012.
- Scientist G (Programme Director – Environment Management) Centre for Environment Education, (CEE: A Centre of Excellence of the Ministry of
- Environment, Forests & Climate Change, Govt. of India) June 1993 – September 2009.
- Senior Research Associate, Entomology Research Institute, Loyola College, Chennai till June 1993.
There is significant scope to enhance Integrated Environmental Performance of the power sector. This is especially through a specific focus on
1) Eco – system resilience to enhance services through preventive management and amelioration &
2) Assessment and implementation of energy efficiency enhancement and emission reduction opportunities in energy end – use sectors as part of national missions that target integrated national and global environmental / climate gains.
PhD (Biological Sciences / Microbial Ecology, Sri Sathya Sa Institute of Higher Learning, Andhra Pradesh).
PhD (Interdisciplinary Biosciences/ Chemical Ecology, University of Madras).
LLB (Gujarat University).
- Member, Inter Ministerial Empowered Steering Committee, Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Government of India; on aspects of India’s commitments to & compliance with Montreal Protocol.
- Member, Environmental Appraisal Committee for Mineral based industries for grant of environmental clearances, Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Government of India.
AREA OF RESEARCH
- Environmental performance enhancement opportunities thrust adaptation support.
- Integrated climate and ozone layer protection industry stewardship
- Energy efficiency enhancement & emission reduction initiatives in industry
- Environmental performance benchmarks including science based targets for mitigation and adaptation outcomes
- Disaster risk reduction opportunities in power transmission: A climate change impacts management imperative for the power sector.
- Waste minimization and cleaner production as essential elements of policies for preventive environmental management.
Three important recent research contributions:
Three book – chapters on policy aspects of climate change impacts management. Peer-reviewed and final stages of publication through Springer, 2020
1. Enhancing Resilience for Food and Nutrition Security within a Changing Climate, Behnassi Mohamed1, Ataur Rahman Mohammed2, D’Silva Joyce3, Gopichandran Ramachandran4, Gupta Himangana5, Pollmann Olaf6, and Ramachandran Nira7
(1 Full Researcher and Professor of Global Environmental and Human Security Politics, Faculty of Law, Economics and Social Sciences, Ibn Zohr University of Agadir, Morocco; Founding Director, Research Center for Environment, Human Security & Governance (CERES), emails: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; 2 Director, Centre for Global Environmental Culture (CGEC) and Program on Education for Sustainability; Coordinator, WWOOF Bangladesh & RCE Greater Dhaka, International University of Business Agriculture and Technology (IUBAT), Bangladesh, email: firstname.lastname@example.org; 3 Ambassador Emeritus, Compassion in World Farming, Godalming, United Kingdom, email: email@example.com; 4 Professor, NTPC School of Business, NOIDA, U.P. India, emails: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; 5 JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability, United Nations University (UNU), Tokyo, email: firstname.lastname@example.org; 6 Senior Researcher, SCENSO – Scientific Environmental Solutions, Sankt Augustin, Germany, email: email@example.com; 7 Former ICSSR Senior Fellow, Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi University, currently Independent Researcher and Consultant, New Delhi, India, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Effectiveness of Disaster Risk Governance and Resilience Building: Linkages, Knowledge, Inclusiveness, and Regulation. Behnassi Mohamed1, Gupta Himangana2, Ramachandran Nira3, Winniefridah Matsa4, Gopichandran Ramachandran5 & Ashfaq Mohammad6. (1 Faculty of Law, Economics and Social Sciences, Ibn Zohr University of Agadir, Center for Research on Environment, Human Security and Governance (CERES), Morocco, email@example.com, 2 University of Tokyo & Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability, United Nations, University, Tokyo, Japan, firstname.lastname@example.org, 3 Former ICSSR Senior Fellow, Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi University, currently Independent Researcher and Consultant, New Delhi, India, email@example.com, 4 Gender Institute, Midlands State University, P BAG 9055, Gweru, Zimbabwe, firstname.lastname@example.org, 5 NTPC School of Business, NOIDA, U.P. India, email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org, AGM (Corporate Planning) NTPC Ltd, New Delhi, India & In Charge World Energy Council – India Secretariat, New Delhi, India. email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Some Important Knowledge Gaps at the interface of chemical ecology and Ecosystem Based Adaptation Planning: A Public Policy Perspective. R Gopichandran, NTPC School of Business, NOIDA, Uttar Pradesh, India. email@example.com
Research inputs to a global report, 2019
· Contributed and Technical edited the United Cities & Local Governments Asia – Pacific (UCLG ASPAC) GOLD Global Observatory on Local Democracy and Decentralization chapter on Asia Pacific 2019 https://www.uclg.org/sites/default/files/goldv_en.pdf &
Review inputs to the First Order Draft of the 06th Assessment Report of the IPCC 2019.