R K Mishra has been engaged in upstream petroleum activities for more than thirty years. He is an enthusiastic field worker, researcher and mentor. He is proficient in petroleum exploration and contributed to planning, coordination, execution, monitoring and evaluation of projects. He is a skilled trainer with experience in training and mentoring. He has guided students in dissertation projects and coordinated industry-academia collaboration. His area of interest lies in global petroleum business, unconventional hydrocarbon resources, petroleum economics etc.
Global Petroleum Business
Unconventional Hydrocarbon Resources
- Ph.D. (Management); Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India.
- Executive Master in International Business; Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi.
- Certified Petroleum Manager; Indian School of Petroleum, New Delhi, India.
- M.Sc. Geology; Patna University, Patna, India.
1. Source facies characterisation for shale gas exploration using seismic inversion & AVO analysis: A Case study from Krishna-Godavari Basin, India; Shrey Omer, Deshmukh S, Tomar P.S., Mishra, R.K. and Harilal; SPG 13th Biennial International Conference and Exhibition, Kochi, 2020.
2. Evaluation of coal bed methane potential of Chalkari and Phusro areas of East Bokaro Coalfield; Raja E., Mishra R. K. and Manoj Kumar; SPG 13th Biennial International Conference and Exhibition, Kochi, 2020.
3. Global Natural Gas Scenario, India’s energy security and Shale Gas E&P; Mishra, R. K; ICUER, RGIPT, India, Feb 28-March 1, 2019. (Accepted for oral presentation but could not be presented).
4. Shale Gas- Global Scenario and Indian Imperatives, Mishra, R. K. et.al.; ONGC Bulletin, Volume 51, No.2, Dec 2016.
5. Petroleum Geochemistry, Source Rock Evaluation and Modelling of Gas Generation in the Arangi Shale, Son Valley, Vindhyan Basin, India, Mishra, R. K. et.al.; ONGC Bulletin, Volume 50, No.1, Jun 2015.
6. Upthrust Prospectivity of Naga Thrust in Geleki Field, A&AA Basin, Mishra, R. K. et.al.; ONGC Bulletin, Volume 50, No.2, Dec 2015.
7. India’s Natural Gas Security- Shale Gas E&P Strategy; Mishra, R. K. et.al.; ONGC Bulletin, Volume 49, No.2, Dec 2014.
8. Shale Gas Fiscal Model for India; Mishra, R. K. et.al.; ONGC Bulletin, Volume 49, No.1, June 2014.
9. India’s energy security, Natural gas self-sufficiency and Shale Gas Resources of Indian Sedimentary Basins; Bhowmick, P. K. and Mishra, R. K.; Journal of Petrotech, JulySeptember 2011 (along with corrigendum in Journal of Petrotech, Oct-December 2011).
10. Nonparametric approach to rank global petroleum business opportunities, Mishra, R. K. and Rahman, Zillur; Journal of Applied Statistics, Vol. 38, No.3, March 2011, pp. 631-646 (16).