At NSB, We are very pro-active towards bridging the industry-academia gap. For these reasons, we have taken several initiatives to reduce this gap and build the strong connection with the industry. Due to rapid changes in the market, it became critical for the organizations to incorporate these changes as quickly as possible. At NSB through corporate relation series, we aim to teach our students about these changes and the decision making behind these changes.
Corporate Engagement Activities at NSB
- Guest Lecture Series – Guest lecture series is the platform to invite eminent leaders, speakers, entrepreneurs from the industry for sharing their journey and experiences with the NSB students. It aims to acquaint the students with the changing market dynamics and how these global leaders have coped up with these evolving market changes.
- Visiting Faculty – NSB aims to provide worldwide class learning experience to its students. Currently, NSB courses are jointly taught by IIMA faculty and NSB faculty. NSB also invites Industry leaders and academicians across the globe to teach the niche and emerging subjects.
- Workshops – NSB also organizes several workshops to increase industry interactions. These workshops are jointly organized by students and faculty members. These workshops improve the practical knowledge of the students.
- Case studies – At NSB, case studies are an important tool for teaching. These case studies provide an opportunity to identify and discuss a problem in a given situation. These case studies improve the analytical as well as decision making skills of the students. At NSB, faculty members are rigorously involved in case studies writing and teaching.
- Events – At NSB, we organize various events in order to collaborate with the corporate world. We have recently concluded our HR conclave. These are yearly affairs and thus, provide an opportunity to students to interact with global business leaders at one platform.
- Internships – The purpose of internship is to introduce students to the corporate world. After one year of class room teaching, students undertake internship for the period of 8- 9 weeks. Summer internship is the part of PGDM program and compulsory for all the students.
- Final Placements – The final placement starts from October each year. The placement team coordinates with the corporate and provides full support for the placement sessions.