Dr Sandeep Kumar is an Assistant Professor at NTPC School of Business (NSB), Noida, Uttar Pradesh. Before joining NSB, he was working as a Research Associate (Post-doctoral fellow) at Centre for Nano Science and Engineering (CeNSE), Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore.
There he was working on flexible organic and perovskite solar cells. Parallelly, there he was also working on Ge-on-Si based near infrared photodetectors.
He obtained his Master of Technology degree in Microelectronics from Panjab University Chandigarh
in 2009. He did his Ph.D. from the Department of Electrical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology
Kanpur (IIT Kanpur) in 2017. There he worked on organic devices with a special emphasis on
Organic solar cells. He has hand on experience with device fabrication and its characterizations. He
has practical exposure to working in state-of-the-art clean room facilities equipped with modern tools at IIT Kanpur and IISc Bangalore.
His current research is focused on Flexible organic and perovskite solar cells, near infra-red photodetectors and techno-economics of Photovoltaics.
04/2022 – To date Assistant Professor at NTPC School of Business, Noida, U.P.
04/2018 – 03/2022 Research Associate (post-doctoral)
Organization: Centre for Nano Science and Engineering (CeNSE) in Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore, IndiaWorked on:
Growth of Ge-on-Si
NIR Photodetector (Ge-on-Si substrates)
Perovskite solar cells on flexible steel-substrate
Awards & Honors
|2007||CSIR-UGC NET in Physical Sciences under Lectureship category|
|2007||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) in Physics (AIR = 871)|
|1999||In merit list (51 st position) 10 th in Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education|
|1999||National Scholarship in 10th from Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education|
Doctor of Philosophy from Electrical Engineering (EE), IIT Kanpur (2017)
Master of Technology (Microelectronics) from Panjab University Chandigarh (2009)
Master of Science (Physics) from Guru Nanak Dev University Amritsar (2006)
10/2017 – 03/2018 Project Engineer
Organization: Samtel Centre for Display Technologies (SCDT) at Indian
Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur, India
Large area organic solar cells
Doctor-blade coating technique
08/2015 – 09/2017 Senior Student Research Associate
Organization: Electrical Engineering, IIT Kanpur, India
Indo-Korean project related to the study of electrodes in organic solar cells,
their impact on efficiency and stability of solar cells
AREA OF RESEARCH
- Flexible organic & perovskite solar cells
- Ge-on-Si based near infrared photodetectors
- Techno-economics of photovoltaics
1. Khushboo Kumari, Sandeep Kumar, Mahek Mehta, Avijit Chatterjee, Shankar Kumar Selvaraja and Sushobhan Avasthi,” Laser Annealed Epitaxial Germanium-on-Silicon Based Near Infra-Red Photodetector”, Early access, IEEE Sensors Journal (2022).
2. Sandeep Kumar, Honggyun Kim, Deok-kee Kim and S. S. K. Iyer, “Spin and doctor-blade coated PEDOT:PSS back electrodes in inverted organic solar cells”, Solar Energy, Vol. 204, pp. 64-70 (2020).
3. Sandeep Kumar, Avijit Chatterjee, Shankar Kumar Selvaraja and Sushobhan Avasthi, “Two-step liquid phase crystallized germanium-based photodetector for near-infrared applications”, IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 4660-4666 (2020).
4. Honggyun Kim, Sandeep Kumar, Og Jin Kim, S. Sundar Kumar Iyer and Deok-kee Kim, “ Ag back electrode bonding process for inverted organic solar cells”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Vol 777, pp. 294-301 (2019).
5. Sandeep Kumar and S. S. K. Iyer, “A method to discern voltage dependent internal photoemission component from photoconductivity content in spectral response of metal-semiconductor-metal devices and evaluate the interface barriers”, Organic Electronics, Vol 65, pp. 215-221 (2019).
6. Sandeep Kumar and S. S. K. Iyer, “Metal-organic semiconductor interfacial barrier height determination from internal photo emission signal in spectral response measurements,” Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 121 (14), 143104 (2017).
7. Sandeep Kumar and S. S. K. Iyer, “Spectral response behaviour in relation to its absorption spectrum in single layer organic semiconductor devices”, IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, Vol. 7, pp. 558-565 (2017).
1. Sandeep Kumar, Nisheka Anadkat and Sushobhan Avasthi, “N-i-p perovksite solar cells on opaque flexible stainless-steel substrate,” submitted in the IEEE International Flexible Electronics Technology Conference to be held at Qingdao, China on August 21-24, 2022.
2. Sandeep Kumar, A. K. Palariya, A. Abhisek Mohapatra, S. Patil and S. Avasthi, “Acetamidinium-substituted methylammonium lead iodide based perovskite solar cell on flexible stainless-steel substrate,” 2021 IEEE 48th Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC), 2021, pp. 0939-0941,
3. Sandeep Kumar and Sushobhan Avasthi, “Liquid phase crystallization of Ge over direct Si substrate as a template for GaAs applications”, 2020 47th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC), Calgary, AB, Canada, 2020, pp. 1987-1989.
4. Sandeep Kumar, Arun Singh Chouhan, Hiralal Agarwal and Sushobhan Avasthi, “ Perovskite solar cell on flexible stainless-steel substrate”, 2019 IEEE 46th Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC), Chicago, IL, USA, pp. 0477-0479 (2019).
5. S. Kumar, Pankaj Kumar, Khushboo Kumari and Sushobhan Avasthi; “Optimization of controlled two-steps liquid phase crystallization of Ge-on-Si”, 4th International Conference on Emerging Electronics (ICEE), IEEE held in Bengaluru on December 17-19, 2018.
6. S. Kumar and S. S. K. Iyer, “Variations in spectral response behaviour in single layer organic solar cells with active layer thickness and bias,” Photovoltaic Specialist Conference (PVSC), IEEE 42nd, 2015, pp. 1-6.